Home/About Us/About Us
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet opened St. Joseph Hospital in Kansas City in 1874. St. Mary’s Hospital was opened nearby in 1909 by the Sisters of St. Mary. In 1981, St. Mary’s opened a satellite hospital in Blue Springs, Mo., (about 20 miles east of Kansas City) and later closed its downtown hospitall.
The spirit of the founding Sisters continues today in the mission of providing compassionate, quality healthcare for body, mind and spirit, with a special concern for the poor.