As part of your decision process, you may be seeking to ascertain what makes our organization different and how that may impact the care we can provide to your loved one. We believe that Carondelet Care Resources offers a number of unique attributes. We are…
- Mission focused - our faith based heritage demands high quality care along with compassion and respect for all persons.
- Accountable - Carondelet Care Resources is a Kansas licensed home health agency, which is extremely uncommon for private duty agencies, assuring clients that our organization is committed to high quality care.
- Flexible - with staff consisting of RN’s, LPN’s, Personal Care Attendants and Homemakers we can support our clients with the full spectrum of care needed to recover or age in the comfort of their home.
- Stable - with a leadership team that averages 9 years of tenure, we have provided quality care to clients in the Kansas City Metro for 23+ years.
- Experienced - with a core of field staff employees who have provided services to the senior population for many years assuring our clients will be able to establish trusting relationships with key caregivers. Our staff has a clear understanding of the needs of the senior population as well as the special requirements of seniors, and their desire to age in place. Our caregivers have the skills, experience and training necessary to meet the needs of our clients.
What type of services does Carondelet Care Resources provide?
We offer in home companion services, personal care assistance including respite care, medication management, bathing assistance, Alzheimer’s and Dementia care. We can arrange for care for clients a few hours a day or 24 hours a day. We also offer care for hospice patients, geriatric care management and in-home personal assessments. Our caregivers consist of RN’s, LPN’s, personal care attendants and homemakers to meet all your needs.
How much do services cost and will my insurance / Medicare pay for it?
The cost of services is based on the needs of the individual. Our nurses would be happy to discuss the costs with you.
Some Long Term Care insurance plans with the private duty benefit will cover some of the costs for Private Duty Services provided by a licensed Private Duty Agency. Worker Compensation and VA benefits will also cover Private Duty Services. Medicare does not cover most private duty services. Some Commercial Insurance policies have a limited Private Duty benefit.
How long do I have to keep the services?
Every client has different needs. Some clients choose to have services for a long period of time while others utilize it in shorter lengths of time.
Do you do background checks on your employees?
We provide extensive background checks on each employee; Kansas Bureau of Investigation, Missouri Highway Patrol, Private background check, driving checks, social security check, sexual predator check, Missouri Family Care Safety check and drug screenings.
Are the caregivers bonded?
You will have the peace of mind that each employee is covered by our company insurance policy.
How do I pay the caregivers?
Our office staff handles all business issues including a monthly bill that is sent to your home or designated payer.
Can caregivers drive me to appointments or on errands?
Our employees are allowed to transport you on errands and other appointments in your vehicle. They are not allowed to use their own.
Is there a deposit to begin?
There is no deposit to begin services. You will be billed on a monthly basis after services are rendered.
Are your caregivers covered by Workers Compensation insurance?
Carondelet does have Workers Compensation insurance on all of its caregivers.
Is there a minimum to the number of hours that service is available?
This is based on the services requested. Please call our office for more details.
Why do I want to use a Private Duty Company that has a health care license?
A licensed company is held to the quality standards and guidelines set forth by the Dept of Health to protect you. A licensed company will have a nurse involved with your care to insure you are getting the quality care needed. Licensed private duty companies have staff trained to provide hands on care under the supervision of a nurse. Long term care Insurance policies require care to be provided by a licensed agency to utilize your private duty benefit.
What areas do you provide services?
Please contact our office at 913-529-4870 for service areas.